Laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive surgery, also known as keyhole surgery and band-aid surgery. They even named it diagnostic laparoscopy, as in the surgical process they examine the organs within the abdomen. The surgeon performing this surgery is termed a laparoscopic surgeon.
There are many skilled laparoscopic surgeon in singapore performing this kind of operation for treating their patients successfully. They perform the surgery by using a laparoscope that has a miniature camera fit in its tip. Thus, they can view clearly the troubling part of the body to provide the right treatment with ease.
Benefits of doing laparoscopy by the experienced surgeon:
- The bleeding is quite less; the surgeon does small incisions, unlike in open surgery.
- The pain is less; they only make a slight cut on the body of the patient. Hence, the discomfort feeling will get reduced soon and even the patients are not in a need to lessen the pain for a longer time.
- The surgery is more accepted by patients as it leaves behind the tinniest scars on the body.
- The chances of acquiring infection are quite less, as the surgical wound isn’t large this isn’t exposed to any outer elements causing infections.
- The patient doesn’t have to stay longer time in the hospital as they need to do for open surgery. The healing process is fast and even post-surgery care is easy to do. The patient can start leading a normal life in a week.
It is a really beneficial decision to opt for laparoscopy than for open surgery as the treatment is effective, quick and you endure minimal discomforts.